Thursday, May 6, 2010

Cursing Peter's Drive In

And not my lack of will power, oh no, the fault couldn't lie with me!

WD and I stopped for a burger yesterday after a long mornings work...and went a little crazy. Despite the fact I am lactose intolerant, I ordered and devoured a chocolate-mint milkshake. Then ate more than a few onion rings. But the scales were kind and I was still in One derland at 198 when I weighed in.

Today, we are having a very special lunch date. A very special lunch.... WD and I will be having my long little sister come over to the teeny tiny condo at 1 pm. I am kinda nervous. I last saw her when her son was less than a year old. He is now 16 and has a 12 year old younger brother who I have obviously never laid eyes on.

We have been catching up by phone for the past couple weeks but this will be our first face to face after all these years.

Someday I will chronicle for you some of the dysfunction in my family. If I was to document all of the instances of Crazy I recall from my childhood without a single embellishment and make it into a book, no publisher would touch it. They would be certain it couldn't possibly be true.

2 comments:

  1. Chocolate mint milkshake?? That sounds yummy!

    I am looking forward to hearing all about your reunion with your sister. I hope it goes well for all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Baggie! Oh it was yummy, with a capital Y. It tastes like an After Eight mint.

    It is exciting to have her back in my life. Our mother is bi-polar so childhood was an interesting episode and hearing things from her perspective has been, well, heart wrenching...

    ReplyDelete